[Cyborg] 6 ways tech can give you super senses

Robert Picone rpicone at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 10:34:22 UTC 2013

This reminded me, that this hasn't been on this list yet:

https://www.microryza.com/projects/can-we-biologically-extend-the-range-of-human-vision-into-the-near-infrared

Basically, it's a kickstarter-style campaign to fund DIY biological
infrared vision.  There had been some successes in the past with their
method, but it's never been taken as far as they want to take it in humans.

They also accept bitcoins at 1NKuzQKa7sFedggWM745K725qygATTFooh

The organizers are talking about it around the web, like on
reddit<http://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/1n4544/were_crowdfunding_biological_night_vision_in/>
 and biohack.me<http://discuss.biohack.me/discussion/424/please-support-our-infrared-vision-project#Item_41>

Whether this is really cyborg-relevant might be an open question.  On a
basic level, it's just taking supplements while malnourished in a specific
way...  Still, it's a cool hack with the potential to enhance the senses.