[Cyborg] BodyHacking Convention 2016

I)ruid druid at caughq.org
Sat Jan 24 22:15:01 UTC 2015

Hey all!

You may remember a number of months ago the IndieGoGo campaign I set up
to gage interest and attempt to fund a BodyHacking convention here in
Austin, Texas.  While we didn't succeed in the crowdfunding campaign,
we're going to be moving forward with the event anyhow!

To us, bodyhacking consists of anything that you can do to your own
body, right now.  This includes everything within the scope of aesthetic
and functional body modification and augmentation.  Our BodyHacking
Convention is intended to provide an environment where bodyhackers,
cyborgs, augmentation/wearables enthusiasts, body modders, health
enthusiasts, and anyone else interested in these subjects can come
together for a weekend of exciting lectures, a huge expo floor with lots
of interesting vendors to check out, and lots of events and
opportunities for networking within this community.

We've just finished selecting a venue and dates, which are the Austin
Convention Center the weekend of February 19-21 2016, so mark your
calendars and plan to be in Austin!  The convention will be comprised of
both an expo floor which will be completely open and free to the public,
as well as a lecture hall which will require a badge for access.  We're
still working out the pricing for badges, but we're hoping to make the
badges relatively inexpensive so that the event remains accessible for
all.  We're also working closely with the BorgFest folks who are also
here in Austin to make sure our events don't step on each others' toes
and are as synergistic and assist each other as much as possible.

We're now beginning the process of speaker curation, so I'm posting here
to solicit suggestions from the community for interesting speakers that
you would like to attend lectures from.  There is no formal CFP
submission process for this event as all of our speakers will be invited
directly, however we are open to suggestions or nominations for speakers
both by the candidates themselves or third parties.

Also, if you would like to be involved with our event in any way, such
as being a sponsor, expo floor vendor, volunteer, etc., please also get
in touch with myself at dustin at trammell.ventures or our Events Manager,
Trevor Goodman, at tgoodman at trammell.ventures.

Thanks everyone, we hope to produce an engaging and interesting event
that you all will be excited to attend.

--
I)ruid, CĀ²ISSP
druid at caughq.org