[Cyborg] creating new senses for people

travis+ml-cyborg at subspacefield.org travis+ml-cyborg at subspacefield.org
Sun Mar 29 00:46:13 UTC 2015

http://www.ted.com/talks/david_eagleman_can_we_create_new_senses_for_humans

He has created methods to help blind people "see" and allow the deaf
to "hear" with special sensors that apply pulses to the skin. It can
be either on the forehead, your back, your tongue, and it's absolutely
amazing how the brain, over time, processes this and turns it into
vision or hearing. I tried on one of the special "hearing" vests (me
pictured wearing that below) and it was really incredible.

(I mentioned previously my idea for converting audio via DCT to
video spectrograph)
--
http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
"Computer crime, the glamor crime of the 1970s, will become in the