[Darkroom] Notes from the Tuesday October 20th meeting.

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed Oct 21 22:50:44 UTC 2009

This is on the wiki. Please let me know if I missed anything. Thanks...

* Our current focus/goal is to build out a darkroom that will primarily
focus on black and white development and processing. Additionally we
want to start featuring classes in regards to black and white along side
some digital stuff. Eventually we would like to go towards color
development and different techniques but right now we want to keep a
single focus.
* We reviewed all of the current tasks needed to make the darkroom
function and have assigned people to each task.
* Jeffrey will be able to handle our moneys in about a month.
* We're looking towards keeping items such as general darkroom equipment
and chemicals as Noisebridge donated items. Future purchases of
consumables (such as film and paper) and more delicate equipment (film
scanner), we're looking to keep those as member items (kept on a member
shelf). Consumables will be handled like the current drink selling is
setup at Noisebridge. Member shelve items will be available for use by
others after member/guest is educated on use, etc.
* Note on door to ask members and guests new to the darkroom to contact
an email alias (darkroom-group at noisebridge.net ?) about proper use and
handling of equipment and also how to use the space without destroying
other people's work.
* No lock on door, but a lack on the back side, plus a exterior "safe"
light.
* Joachim and Rubin may buy a digital scanner to keep in the space some
time in the next couple of months.
* Miloh's printer might work, more details soon.
* Keep eyes open for color printing equipment.
* Kelly is going to work on a darkroom layout.
* Let's have classes!
* Next meeting on Tuesday October 27th, 7pm. Status update on where
we're at with the darkroom.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net