[Darkroom] film scanner buy in straw poll

dpc weasel at meer.net
Mon Oct 19 21:15:23 UTC 2009

Joachim Pedersen <joachimp at gmail.com> writes:

> Alright, Rubin and myself have been looking at nice used film scanners
> for the space,

oooh.... i know i have negatives/slides that i'd like to convert.

> I'm willing to throw in $100 for such a scanner or equivalent.

i would too

> Would be nice if we could find a nice one that takes 120format, and
> works with a foss OS, we don't believe the above does...

i'm not scanner savvy enough but is it just doing scanner commands over
firewire (rather than scsi or whatever they're usually attached via)?

\p

---
Good breeding consists in concealing how much we think of ourselves and
how little we think of other persons. - Mark Twain