[Darkroom] Darkroom status update?

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 19:24:34 UTC 2010

By category, subtasks, and what each requires:

   - What we _need_ to make black and white development and prints possible
      - plumbing
         - Ask Zedd
      - ventilation
         - labor
         - lumber
         - Probably just 2x4s would be fine. Ben and I spec-ed this out,
            maybe he can give a better shopping list here. We already
have the ducts and
            the fan.
            - What we _want_ but don't need for black and white development
   and prints
      - a counter
         - labor
         - more lumber
         - countertop
         - Last I checked the consensus was on epoxy and we thought this one
            seemed ok: http://www.epoxyproducts.com/bartop.html but we were
            concerned because it is sensitive to some chemicals.
            - If we really want to fantasize, the way to do this right is
            stainless. Anyone have that spec-ed?
         - A print
washer<http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Versalab-Archival-Print-Washer-16x20-inch-14-slots-/320522656712?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Photography_DarkroomSupplies_SM&hash=item4aa0a39bc8>
         - See also: less fancy
kind<http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Paterson-High-Speed-Print-Washer-8x10-PTP235-/250612921404?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Photography_DarkroomSupplies_SM&hash=item3a59b1b43c>
          - What else do we _want_ but don't need.
      - A processor, for the lazy. No idea which ones are any
good<http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Durst-Pictor-5-RA4-Processor-Used-/150396621218?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Photography_DarkroomSupplies_SM&hash=item23045651a2>
      .
      - For masturbatory reference: Ebay darkroom processing equipment
         category<http://listings.ebay.co.uk/aw/plistings/category29993/index.html?from=R11>
      - I'll get back to you on this.  I definitely have extensive
      fantasies, and I'm sure some of them can be distilled into individual
      objects which can be purchased at reasonable amounts and which will be of
      use to many people.

--Kelly