[Darkroom] Fwd: Want to go in on a UV lamp?

Ben Rupert meowdip at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 21:14:39 UTC 2010

Kelly, the lamp you found is indeed stronger and cheaper than the one I
suggested (maybe we should be buying that one at my lab instead).  I'm
pretty sure that it will be good for an under 10 minute exposure as it
should be many times the sun's intensity on earth at that wavelength.  I'll
try to figure out the full sunlight uv power at sea level in order to make a
real comparison, but I think that lamp will win over the sun.  If you wanted
to get really fancy you can get several hundred watt uv chambers, but I
think those are in the thousands of dollars range and can burn your eyes and
skin easily.  But it's no fun if there's no danger, right?  Anyway i'd throw
some money at one of the lamps we've found so far or something similar.

Ben