[Darkroom] darkroom darkroom darkroom projects

Lilia Markham liliakai at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 07:43:15 UTC 2010

Hey guys and gals,

I have a couple of darkroom-related projects I'd like to throw out there in
case anyone's interested in working on them with me. Not to mention an
ulterior motive to promote discussion on this list and generate motivation
for finishing the darkroom. Go darkroom go!

1. Build a digital enlarger out of an old lcd projector for making analogue
prints from digital images. I have such a projector and a vague idea of what
to do with it, but could definitely use some design input.

2. Photoanodizing - printing pictures in the darkroom directly onto raw
metal objects. For great justice. This should be as simple as getting an
anodizing kit together and bringing it into the darkroom. The hard part will
be experimenting with different types of emulsion and developer to get good
print quality. As a bonus we'll also be able to anodize and dye metal parts
sans the photo process.

Any takers?

- Lilia