[Darkroom] Painting, do we really need it?

Audrey Penven audrey at lostinthenoise.net
Sat Feb 27 04:21:31 UTC 2010

I read something on building darkrooms that suggested having the walls
be a light color.  The reasoning behind this is that it will reflect
the safelight around and make it easier to see.  If no other light is
coming in, this should be perfectly fine.  It's probably a better idea
than painting it black.

Regardless of the rest of the room, the area immediately around the
enlargers needs to be black.  That's a big potential for light leak,
especially as the enlargers get used and janky.

If we can, lets try to find free/cheap paint to do it.  I may end up
having extra black paint after painting my room at ardent west.

- Audrey