[Darkroom] HP Photosmart C5100A photo scanner

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed Jan 20 06:46:41 UTC 2010

The scanner does negs, slides and prints up to 5x7. It's SCSI based.

After googling a bit it seems like the biggest problem with the scanner
is its constant nagging for a calibration card between every 20 prints.

Kelly said someone donated this scanner, any chance could this person
see if they still have this so called calibration card?

The thing also runs off of Linux, or so says Google.

http://www.kirchgessner.net/sanehpfaq.html

In another four weeks when I have a little bit of money again I'm going
to look into getting the thing running through a Ratoc USB to SCSI
adapter through a VMWare install of Windows.

I've created a page for the scanner on our wiki.

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Photosmart_A5100C

Yay.

--
Rubin Abdi