[Darkroom] shelves and drawers

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 20:00:11 UTC 2010

Ben and I are researching counter surfaces, but sometime soon we
should probably get started on shelves and drawers.  I'd like to start
drawing up some plans to build things, but any donated shelving could
be worked in as well.

I found this design for dark drawers:
http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/communications/dl2961.html
And that's somewhat appealing.  I think it would be good to have some
large, shallow drawers.

Also, ideally we would have some higher shelving above the counters,
just so we're making good use of space.  Any suggestions on how we can
manage that structurally?  I'll try to put plans on the wiki or
something so that people can contribute suggestions.  I don't know
what other people's priorities are, but it's really important to me
that our storage and work area be well designed and efficient, because
we don't have a lot of space to work with, and when you're spending
hours and hours working in dark or semi-dark, a well-designed
workspace is a godsend.

-Kelly