[Darkroom] Darkroom wiki, guidelines, calendar

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 22:00:30 UTC 2010

Sounds great, guys.

I'd particularly like to see the disposal of fixer and
fixer-contaminated water feature prominently in our guidelines and in
the darkroom itself. Right now there is just a jug (stolen from the
C41 machine) marked "water with fixer" which I have used (and
hopefully others have as well).

I agree that since most of the buildout is done, having the full list
is no longer useful. We might want to put up a list of "wishes" for
those who have spare time to assault the darkroom with construction
tools.

My list would be:

-make sink counter latch to shelves as backsplash, so we can use the big sink
-light seal the door or erect the curtain maze again
-light seal the fan area better
-light seal the corner which points into the kitchen better (there are
some small leaks there)
-wire the fan to the switch by the door
-document and organize the safelights -- there is a whole variety of
safelights for use with different types of film. I have no idea what
we have currently installed. It's probably only usable with BW
printing.

I'll add that to the wiki.

I look forward to being less swamped soon. Unfortunately not soon
enough. See y'all in a week or two.

-Kelly