[Darkroom] Metal feel reels and canisters?

Chris Murphy chrisnoisebridge at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 23:35:39 UTC 2010

I prefer plastic Jobo tanks and reels but I'm not likely to process
film any time soon. Plastic reels are less likely to have the film
make inadvertent contact with itself. The Jobo tanks don't leak
either. Once you are good at trimmin the leader, the film just slides
into the reel. On metal reels, you have to handle the film a lot more
to bend it into the grooves of the reel. Then the tanks often leak.
Another advantage of the Jobo tanks is that they can be used in
automated Jobo processors.

Sent from my iPhone