[Darkroom] Darkroom meetup Nov

jim jim at well.com
Sun Nov 28 23:04:05 UTC 2010

   there's a plan: receptacles on black circuits, lights
and appliances on red circuits. if you pull wires, always
pull a white, black, and red trio and wrap tape around
all three of them at the points where they enter and/or
leave a box of any kind.
   as to 240, do not _just_ grab a red and black without
ensuring that they're connected to a two-pole breaker.

   the panels are southwest, south east, north center (or
northeast), dirty shop, and northwest.
   north center is out by the stairs and is split hase.
it controls circuits mostly along the north and east walls
(and ceiling runs).
   north west is in by the member shelves and is three
phase. it controls a few circuits in the northwest area
and it controls the southwest, southeast, and dirty shop
sub-panels.

   despite previous and upcoming reimbursements, I've
chipped in hundreds of dollars of electrical parts. I
don't mind, but I expect them to be used at Noisebridge
and no where else. parts are in the closet where the
rack is.
   don't buy electrical parts from hardware stores: buy
them at electrical suppliers such as B and K on division
near mission because electrical suppliers have all of
the right stuff at 1/3 the cost of hardware stores.
   I have a stash of my personal electrical tools and
parts in the turing classroom, and those are off limits
to Noisebridge personages: I need them when I run off
to jobs.

   I'll be very grateful for help and also for
coordination. please stick to the plan re colors of wires,
and please install things up to code. I'm very happy to
help and/or explain and/or inspect.... I worry that some
shoddy work may trigger inquiries that could be more
than embarrassing: possible real costs incurred.
   there are a few items on the shit to do list and a
great many more things, notably lighting, that should
be done. anyone willing to help, please let me know: it's
discouraging sometimes to keep plodding away by myself.