[Darkroom] Greeting note on door

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Sat Sep 25 02:21:20 UTC 2010

I'd like to place a note like this on the door of the darkroom. The
objectives are:

* To let folks know they can use the darkroom
* To let folks know how they can communicate to others who use the darkroom
* The darkroom might contain stuff that doesn't normally work like you'd
expect it to so please ask for assistance before using something
* The darkroom might contain other people's projects so please be weary
when using the space.
* We want to see cool shit you make in the darkroom.
* Link to the mailing list and wiki page.

Input would be nice on how this could be better worded to sound more
friendly and less don't step on other people's projects bitch. Thanks.

START:

Would you like to use the darkroom?
Great! We want you to use it too!

But first we'd appreciate it if you could drop an email to our darkroom
mailing list, introducing yourself to everyone else using the space, and
also describing what you'd like to use the darkroom for.

darkroom at lists.noisebridge.net

The darkroom is used by many different people, and there's a lot of
(unique, finicky) equipment in there that might not work as you'd expect
it to. Additionally there are other projects happening in the darkroom
that require special care when utilizing the room. By opening up a means
of communication through our mailing list we can better help each other
in making the best use of the space. On top of that it's really awesome
to hear about other people's projects!

Also check out our wiki page.

http://nburl.net/darkroom

Thanks!