[Darkroom] darkroom prep.

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 22:01:05 UTC 2010

We can prime the ceiling, and put fabric on it after.  The sheetrock will
help prevent light leaks, its an added layer and the seams are
perpendicular  to the roof board seams.

On Sep 11, 2010 1:41 PM, "Rubin Abdi" <rubin at starset.net> wrote:

Lilia Markham wrote, On 20100911 133254:

> Would it not be best to notice and properly repair such cracks rather than
> covering them up in a...
The ceiling is extremely strong, there was a couch with 3 people sitting
on it at one point. I'm more concerned about weight shifting and the
wood starting to warp and shrink. It's normal, and considering the
ricketyness of 2169 Mission, MUNI busses and Bart shaking the area, and
people doing weird things in the space, more light leaks in the future
are pretty much inevitable.

Darkroom designs with using blackout fabric on all of the walls are
pretty common, but I think we'll be fine as far as all that goes.

ANYHOW, if people don't feel like fabric on the ceiling is necessary,
I'm kind of done trying to convince people otherwise.

--

Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net