[Darkroom] who wants to do some E-6?

Jas Strong jasmine at heroicrobot.com
Fri Aug 12 22:37:39 UTC 2011

For added life and vitality, use canned 'air' (actually an HFC freon-substitute) to fill the head space in the bottles.  You'll want to leave a little, even in concertina bottles, since otherwise the caps don't seal properly.  It's heavier than air, so it sinks to the bottom of the head space and protects the chemistry from even the dissolved oxygen that gradually percolates out to the surface.

If you use deionized water it will supposedly last a little longer but I haven't seen any benefit with that myself.

Wash your hands thoroughly before handling anything you will use to mix chemistry-  lotion or soap traces will destroy the chemistry pretty fast.

-J.