[Darkroom] MAC ZIP Drive...?

Brian Morris cymraegish at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 03:13:11 UTC 2011

I have a SCSI mac zip drive -- I need to use it with my antique computer
collections though ... there were in the past year several of the drives
around Noisebridge, as far as I know tho they got recycled = disappeared.

I left a SCSI card in the darkroom for the dye sub printer, last week, did
anyone find / install it ?

Anyway, I also have a couple old macs with internal zip drives I could read
for you.

The problem by the way is not just the Drive, it is the format of the disk.
Just like with any Mac hard drive, you need to be able to read it. You can
read it in Linux, but as far as I know, on windoze you have to pay for the
software. I don't use windoze but I may have a 30-day trial program - I say
I may because all I know is what it says on the CD - I have never tried it
or used it, I don't touch windoze.

So if you can find a USB Zip drive you can read the files in Linux, mounted
with -t hfs

Brian