[Darkroom] photo scanners

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Mon Aug 22 22:16:04 UTC 2011

Kelly wrote, On 2011-08-23 00:04:
> What's the difference between pictures and slides? Any backlit scan of
> your slides should come out looking reasonable. The quality of the
> scanner will affect things, but the principle is the same.
>
> I'm cc-ing the list again since it sounds like you meant to.

Scanning software deals with negatives versus positives differently due
to the orange tint that many color negatives get. Also lots of different
auto correction. This becomes problematic with cross processed film.

A point to make is that most scanners will produce roughly the same
results, it's up to the software on how it is interpreted before it gets
fed into a file format.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net