[Darkroom] Free School Collab-

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 21:25:36 UTC 2011

Hi Jonah.

Have you been to a NB membership meeting and talked to folks about
your interest in planning events in the space? You're new to me, so
I'm wondering how much preliminary networking you've already done. In
the spirit of informativeness, I will toss out ideas and you can let
me know what you've already tried. This is your first stop:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Hosting_an_Event

We like to have cohesion in our community as well (especially since we
do things a little different than most people are used to), so we
super appreciate your instinct to reach out to existing groups at NB!
I've taken the liberty of posting your message to noisebridge discuss
in the hopes that we can roust the cooking people for you.
Historically they have met on Tuesdays, before the membership meeting.

As far as photography classes go, the darkroom group is pretty loosely
organized, but we do keep in close communication. Right now I think
the main thing that's lacking is a person to spearhead organizing and
scheduling. Rubin has been active lately though, so I'd definitely
talk to him. I would be up for teaching and for some topics, learning.
Mondays won't work for me personally--I live in Berkeley and I'm
obliged to come on Tuesdays for the membership meeting, and I'm not
going to be able to come out 2 days in a row most weeks (unless other
berkeley people want to carpool :). I would really prefer a weekend
time myself. Maybe make a doodle scheduler and send it to the list?

-Kelly

PS. I assume you've seen the previous discussions over the last few
months? https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/darkroom/