[Darkroom] fujifilm pictography 3500

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 22:17:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Kelly <hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't have much to add about the pictography. Miloh is definitely
> the expert there.
>
> I am pretty sure that I left a SCSI/USB adaptor in the darkroom with
> the SCSI film scanner though. Dunno if that's useful for you.

I would like to see it up and printing.  I have some other projects
that have priority though.

Chris Murphy let me know that SCSI - usb adapters don't work with the
pictography, so I've been keeping an eye out for an PCI adpatec card
of the right sort.   When we do work on it, I hope Chris can help with
advice from near or far.

1) reinstall os X 10.2.4 on the pictography G4 (I think the original
hard drive died)
2) install the pci adaptec scsi card (2309 or higher)
3) install fujifilm drivers, and other software for use with the printer
4) obtain scsi cables and terminator
5) flush the machines water supply, replace with a fresh batch of
distilled water
6) test print with the current donor/receiver paper and determine next
direction  (if sticking, check water systems)

7a) fix problems and run more tests
(breakers/circulaters/pump/filter/motor controllers)
OR
7b) obtain filters, rolls of paper and  ER PG-D donor, pay about
$3/foot or $1.5 per print.