[Darkroom] fujifilm pictography 3500

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 10:43:14 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 1:42 AM, Chris Murphy <chrisnoisebridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've put time into that printer.  The printer has a heating drum that Mike
> and I intend to look at together. There will be no printing from that thing
> until then. It also needs fresh consumables. The SCSI card on the printer
> probably won't work with that printer. The fuji needs a specific mac
> compatible adaptec 2940 or 2960? (from memory).

Adaptec 2940 on ebay:
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Adaptec+2940UW

Fujifilm Pictrography 3500(note the R)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fujifilm-Pictrography-3500-Color-Photo-Copy-Printer-/370344739006
This is the good stuff.  Dye sublimation printing.
Right that drum was heating up and donor stuff/chemicals were sticking
to the print paper...  you don't think it was the condition or age of
the 2 cartridges ( Donor paper and receiver paper rolls)?

> The kiosk G4 probably was not reformatted. It has two hard drives and one of
> them has Linux and the other has OSX. That G4 really should remain
> unmodified because I installed software for it to recognize large ata
> drives. Without that software, there will certainly be OS problems and data
> loss. (even if its running Linux, the HD controller can't handle the 128 gig
> drive I installed)

This is important for people to know about the G4.  There are 2 of
them at the Kiosk now.  I'll spread the word and see about the 2nd
one.

-rma