[Darkroom] [Noisebridge-discuss] Dark Room/Photography

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 20:40:42 UTC 2011

Thanks for the redirect, Danny.

So far the darkroom has been pretty open-access, like the rest of
noisebridge, but I think the success of that model is highly dependent
on lots of communication. Ideally, people should post to the darkroom
mailing list introducing themselves before using the darkroom, or at
the very least, post afterwards or talk to people in meatspace.
There's a lot of trust involved in sharing chemicals, and we have some
delicate equipment in there.

That said, most stuff is documented such that if you know roughly what
you're doing, you can get started without anyone holding your hand.
Best practices and general documentation is here:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Darkroom

We started documenting film development here:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Darkroom/BW_Film_Development But I
don't know if there is an actual dev chem chart in the darkroom yet.
John, I encourage you to meet some of the folks who use the darkroom
and maybe help us organize it better for newbs. Also, welcome!

-Kelly

PS. Did you find the fixer disposal bin ok?