[Darkroom] who wants to do some E-6?

david pan kaptures at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 22:12:42 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Thanks Kelly for the heads-up on this.  I would be down with E-6'ing, if I
were able to get out more and shoot.  But I haven't really been for a whiles
now (as you know).  I wish you lots of success.

I am sure y'all are already familiar with *Photographer's
Supply*<http://www.yelp.com/biz/photographers-supply-san-francisco-2>on
Bryant (b/w 2nd & 3rd).  Sometimes they have cheap film: expired,
discontinued, small lots, whatever.  I've picked up some Fuji Sensia 200 36
exp for about $3/roll, some Kodak Elite Chrome 100 & 200 for $2, some Rollei
R6 400 36 exp b&w for $2/roll I think.  I know I got a bunch of Fuji T64 for
crazy cheap (maybe $4) which is one of the best films to redscale IMHO.  I
haven't been in for a long time, but it just depends on what they're
clearing out ATM.

Volker at Just Film was always nice to me, he's given me free rolls to
review and give feedback on, but he'll never have anything bargain priced
like Photographer's Supply *might*.

If anybody out there likes crazy toy-camera like saturated colors and a good
C-41 film stock for
*redscale*<http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambientimages/4252529234/>that
looks vintage, the former Konica Centuria 100 that is now branded as
DNP Centuria 100.  Photo Plus on Polk was selling me these rolls for I think
$4/ea, since I was buying several rolls per week a year or so ago (I think
his name is Eric?).  You can read my film review on *my flickr photo
here*<http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambientimages/4067807814/>
.
---------------------------

Just a brief intro of myself to the rest of you... Hi!  I was doing a lot of
experimenting using homemade developers last year.  Using the standard
Caffenol-C recipe (coffee as a film developer).  Then started using anything
I could imagine and get my hands on: tea, rosemary, tobacco, wine, orange
peels, Tang/Gatorade/Hi-C powered mixes (fail!), vitamin supplements, tree
bark, etc.

Somehow, I even got vibrant color from a few film/dev combo's.  Like the
enclosed Velvia 50 using rosemary as a film developer.  Also attached: Fuji
NPH 400 developed in coffee (Caffenol-C) and DNP Centuria 100 redscaled.

While I doubt I can make it in to Noisebridge anytime soon, I have a heap of
things to deal with right now, if anybody has any questions about homemade
developers, perhaps I can try to be of some modest help?

I also have the majority of a *case* of Fuji NPH 400 135-36 C-41 film laying
around expiring.  I can offer Noisebridgers (?) 10 rolls if somebody wants
to swing by Hayes Valley within the next week to pick it up.  This film
stock used to sell for about $8/roll.  It had always been in a freezer until
a few months ago, so the exp date on it is 3-2007.  But it should still be
vibrant, reliable & excellent for a little while yet.  I simply don't know
if I'm gonna need to move out from my place by July 1st, so after next week,
I can't say if I will still be available.

Best of luck with the E-6.  I am so jealous.  I'd love to visit Noisebridge
sometime in the future & meet some fellow photography experimenters in the
community.

Cheers.

David Pan
415.637.3713