[Darkroom] Hello and looking for liquid bromine

Christian Rice clrice at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 08:47:45 UTC 2011

Another aspect of this procedure that seems like it wouldn't work for me is I don't want bromine water--I want to drip some liquid bromine onto a bed of silica gel crystals.  The moisture from bromine water is not good for my fuming process.

I think distillation might be the answer to that (as if I'd know); but it's a lot easier to talk about than for me to accomplish. Isolating bromine is not something one wants to mess up with...

You seem to be confident with chemistry...where does that come from, if I may ask?

Ok, I'm going cross eyed, thanks for the late night responses, I'll continue research when the sun rises.

--christian