[Darkroom] Hello and looking for liquid bromine

Christian Rice clrice at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 04:01:20 UTC 2011

Wow y'all are fast.  Does it bear in-person discussion, or are y'all too agile for that?

There are a ton of lab supply companies.  I am most familiar with Fisher Scientific and Spectrum Chemicals.  They're like the "root domains", as in, the smaller cats with sparkly web sites (labdepotinc.com) source from them.  Forget about the foreign results on the web--minimum lot sizes are like cargo containers.

I'm going to suggest labdepotinc, because they have both reagent ACS and economic grades of most things, and tons of ancillary equipment.

But I'm also going to suggest treading carefully, and, as in my previous post, making sure a chemistry wiz is at the ready for the potential discussion with the supplier. There are trick questions--you might think "duh," but there can be a fine line between getting an account and oversharing :)

--christian