[Darkroom] who wants to do some E-6?

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Tue May 10 21:52:09 UTC 2011

Cool! I'm going to buy myself some e100vs, but I'm too broke to donate
any unfortunately. :-/ If anyone wants to donate some for folks who
don't have any, we can designate a drop-off and pick up bowl in the
darkroom or something. I'll see if I have any extra I'm not going to
use. Does anyone want to shoot 120 E6? We can use the plastic spools
we have currently for 120 I think.

Here's everything we'll need to buy or get donated:

Temp Controller ~$75
If we can raise the money I'd buy the model Jas uses. It seems
fully-featured but affordable.
http://compare.ebay.com/like/360358945745?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=231296159662&crlp=1_263602_309572&UA=M*S%3F&GUID=14df07781290a0aad374c054fd65724b&itemid=360358945745&ff4=263602_309572

Digital thermometer ~$15 (I get free shipping on Amazon, but this is
probably easy enough to buy in meatspace)
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=thermometer&x=0&y=0#/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=thermometer+waterproof+digital&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Athermometer+waterproof+digital

Can we determine the size we want for the chem bottles? I'm looking at
stuff like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Adorama-Air-Evacu-Collapsable-Photographic-Container/dp/B00009R828
but I'm not clear on the size that we want. If we're mixing a litre at
a time, is that 1 litre of each chem (of which there are 6)?

Eric, you're bringing in a galvanized tub? I feel like we might end up
actually using one of the plastic storage tubs we have around
depending on convenient size and shape. We could maybe even stop up
the small sink in the darkroom and use that. Otherwise if we work in a
tub it would probably be best to work in the big sink.  I will try to
install the hooks so that we can latch the countertop up in place as a
backsplash.

I'm going to go ahead and start emailing around to drum up some
participants, and once we're good on our shopping list I'll email
nb-discuss and see about getting donations.

-Kelly

PS. This is how I end up being so busy all the time.