[Darkroom] Darkroom calendar and updates

Celeste Lindahl celeste.lindahl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 12:01:39 UTC 2012

Hi Kelly,

It's unfortunate that you chose an unfriendly way to communicate with me
first when the intention behind everything done in the space and my message
was obviously to help the darkroom and the community. I don't particularly
appreciate threat-like messages from strangers either. While it's
understandable you can feel protective towards a space you have invested
time and effort towards, please take a moment to review your message next
time.

I have actually worked at Noisebridge outside the darkroom before, and have
several friends who have been members for a long time. I also spent the
time speaking with many people in the space about the darkroom (including
Rubin and Robert) and what would be a good way to approach the changes, the
policies, and what has been done in the past before making any changes.
It's also unfortunate that I didn't meet you on any of my visits.

There is nothing in the space right now that I am keeping that is not equal
to what any other members are keeping (chemicals, paper, film). Everything
else is open to anyone to use for the darkroom. I'm not sure why you found
this something to be addressed solely with me. I do actually have a member
shelf too. While cleaning up the space, we did see many bins with personal
things that are being stored there. If you'd like to go through them with
everyone using the space, I would love to meet with you and work together
on organizing it too. I would however, find it hostile if my things were
moved out of the space solely out of spite, when it's clear that numerous
members are keeping the same items in it.

Let me know when you think you'll be there next. I will definitely come
through this afternoon (Wednesday) and probably tomorrow afternoon too.