[Darkroom] naphthalene

Ben Rupert meowdip at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 23:48:22 UTC 2012

Naphthalene was specifically banned as mothballs because it was suspected
in the death and brain damage of several infants.  It was replaced by
para-dichlorobenzene which is also a voc and should be pretty
carcinogenic.  Other states still allow it for moth balls though.  I use it
to make sodium naphthalide, a really powerful reducing agent.

Ben