[Darkroom] Canon ELAN 7N disassembly?

Chris Murphy chrisnoisebridge at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 22:06:18 UTC 2012

Here's some obscure knowledge...

The élan II had a design flaw where in certain cold temperatures the camera would make multiple exposures.

The Canon A2E enabled focussing from the rear AE  button. I believe it lacked a detailed exposure compensation graph due to a patent licensing issue. It also has an extremely delicate, expensive, and hard to replace command dial on the top (so don't torque it). Aside from that, it's one of the better cameras Canon made. You can't shoot IR film on the eye focus control Canon bodies though.

The EOS 3 might be worth checking out. Is it still expensive?

Chris

Sent from my iPhone