[Digitalarchivists] Progress

newmy51 at gmail.com newmy51 at gmail.com
Thu May 16 21:26:21 UTC 2013

LF,

I agree.  Other Danny's linear scanner would be a better choice.  Couldn't
hurt to rub elbows with AMT a bit while we're there and glean some helpful
hints on their kit scanner; dos and don'ts, trials and tribulations, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by points one and two.  I would call buying the
kit and building it in the span of an afternoon "advancing" a project, a
project which was conceived and conducted at Noisebridge by Noisebridgers.
Am I missing something?

Side note: how's about a meeting on Monday?

-Danny

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Luis Felipe RM <unixjazz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Me too, I will be involved with other maker faire activities until then.
>
> I really like the idea of working on the scanner, but I think we should
> refrain from taking it to maker faire for a few reasons:
>
> 1. it is not a noisebridge project (yet)
> 2. we haven't advanced the project in any way (yet!)
> 4. ace monster toys always take the same scanner to Maker Faire.
>
> I do not want to be a negative voice in the group in anyway, I just
> think it would be more adequate for Dany to show his project (linear
> book scanner) this year instead :-)
>
> - Luis Felipe.
>
> On 05/15/2013 01:31 PM, John Shutt wrote:
> > I'm available pretty much any time next week, as well.
> >
> > John
> >

> > On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:23 AM, newmy51 at gmail.com <newmy51 at gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> DA Listers,
> >>
> >> I'm beginning to doubt we'll have a fully functional scanner by Maker
> >> Faire.  My own schedule is bonkers enough for the rest of the week, plus
> >> there's the wait time on the shipping for things like cameras whose
> >> specific make and model has not yet been 100% decided upon (though I am
> >> being gifted a Canon SD1300IS this afternoon).  That said, there is more
> >> work to be done, brainstorms to be continued, etc.  I propose another
> >> meeting for next week.  Reply with your availability.  Mine's more or
> less
> >> wide open.
> >>
> >> -Danny

> attending,

> Danny
> for

> permit.

> >> --
> >> Danny Newman*
> >> *
> >> *
> >> Founder*
> >> Sociedad Micológica de Bolivia
> >> www.kallampas.org
> >>
> >> *Librarian*
> >> Mycological Society of San Francisco
> >> www.mssf.org
> >>
> >> *Parataxonomist*
> >> Desjardin Lab, Harry D. Thiers Herbarium
> >> San Francisco State University
> >> http://is.gd/Xp5Trj : http://is.gd/89lBCh

Danny Newman*
*