[Dril] Recommended Firefox Settings?

Brett Bonfield brett at leadpi.pe
Thu Aug 13 17:57:59 UTC 2015

Thanks, Alison. Based mostly on the links you provided, I've been
using a similar setup:

Better Privacy
Disconnect
HTTPS Everywhere
Privacy Badger
uBlock (Origin)

And also...

Request Policy Continued
Self-Destructing Cookies
SSleuth

But not (yet?)...

Lightbeam
Terms of Service; Didn't Read

I've stayed away from NoScript because it can be so time consuming to
use properly, but wonder if that's the right decision.

This answers the question I asked, but not the question I was trying
to ask. What I want to know is...

1. What does it make sense to install on the Firefox installations on
public workstations? On staff machines? And what does it make sense to
recommend to people with basic computer stills? With advanced computer
skills?

2. Do we have a useful way to explain why we're using these extensions
and what each one does? Is there a chart of specific threats and which
extensions address those threats? Are any of the extensions redundant?
Are any of them undermining each other? You know, aside from the fact
that Panopticlick reveals that my browser is unique, and that it
conveys at least 22.45 bits of identifying information... and there's
nothing to be down about it, right?

I'm not necessarily asking for someone to answer all these questions,
unless there's a resource out there that has the answers and I've
missed it. In that case, I would love for you to direct me to it. But
if that resource doesn't yet exist, I'd be happy to help create it.
And if any EFF folks or Mozilla folks or other security or privacy
experts want to help out, that would be splendid.

Brett