[Fab] film maker would like to print a model from his film

David Cox davidalbertcox at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 01:18:58 UTC 2011

Hi all,

My name is David Cox.

I'm a film maker based in the Mission and in 1998 I made a cyberpunk film
called "Otherzone"

The film featured a character who was 1/2 robot legs/torso & 1/2 human -
his name was Chickensticks

The film can be viewed here:

http://www.archive.org/details/Other_Zone

See the 7:27 mark for the appearance of Chickensticks.

Would folks at noisebridge be able to help me build a 3D printed model of
the legs of chickensticks by
adapting a 1998 era 3D studio .3ds file into a .dxf or whatever file is
needed for printing?

I can return the favor with my film making/editing skills or just all round
digital media education skills (I teach at CCSF & SFSU also)

Kind Regards

Solidarity.

David Cox
--