[Fab] oh hi i am cutting an acrylic in your dj booth

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 23:03:14 UTC 2011

If you're getting some tapering on the laser, I've found that its typically
a power + focus thing (my best guess is that you're having some kinda weird
index of refraction problem, but I haven't actually run the math to see if
differences in air to acrylic N(i)'s could cause that problem).

My suggestion - go lower power (and lower speed) with 3-4 passes maybe.
Maybe focus the last couple of passes on the bed as well...it should help
out I think I think I think.

I have yet to use the laz0r in the space because I don't have a windows
laptop...damn. One of these times, I'd love to bum someone's 'top and try it
out on some of the stuff that I've got some experience cutting to see how it
compares.

Sean