[Fab] Fun with Lasers - When ventilation isn't enough...

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 18:11:45 UTC 2011

>> The settings for 1/8" MDF were:
>>
>> 1st layer : 10% 10% 1 pass
>> 2nd layer : 15% 15% 2 passes

How many mA on the ammeter??

As a side note for acrylic cutters out there:
I observed melting and poor results cutting 1/4 inch acrylic running
at the speeds you used (10% speed).
Later, I got clean results in 1/8 acrylic  running 8 passes at 60%
with 100% power and 4mA (throttling the power on Elvis rather than
with software).  I decided not to even try 1/4 inch because the DOF of
these optics is quite slim.

-rma

PS  if you reboot the Acer Lasertop, use F12 at boot to select from
the boot menu (and use Hard drive, not netboot, for now).