[Fab] [Noisebridge-discuss] Laser cutter problems

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 20:48:21 UTC 2012

cc the fab list for noisebridge --
(https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo )

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Barry Figgins <bfiggins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Rayc - I was noticing the laser cutter slipping too; it's great to
> have it back in order.
>
> The slipping seemed very deliberate, like a software problem - on one print,
> it slipped to the left, and on another print, it slipped exactly the same
> amount to the right.

Assuming you were raster engraving, what speed were y'all running at?
Try reducing your speed and power proportionally to reduce this kind
of error.

Also note there is a wealth of information about this 40W laser
engraver on Full Spectrum Engineering's forums:
http://www.fullspectrumengineering.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1219&p=3215&hilit=laser+skipping#p3215

Nota  Bene:
Please consider contributing to Noisebridge if you are a frequent
Laser user. You can do this in a number of ways, by monetary donation
or by creating something with your engraver time or other skills that
can be used at Noisebridge.
It's a lovely resource and quite a feat for it to remain fully
operational after 1.5 years.   It will not be cheap to replace 'the
Tube' when it comes time to do so.