[Fab] Fwd: Liberated Replicator (MakerBot Replicator in portable 3D formats)

Arlen Abraham arlen.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 04:07:45 UTC 2012

Archiving is fine by me.

If you want to get a feel for what Rhino is capable of before the
meeting, check out the work of Zaha Hadid, her stuff simply oozes
Rhino. Some of it's not my taste, some of it's rather effing rad.
She's a good example of someone who uses Rhino to make Actual Things.

Additionally, if you want a preview of some of the work that I do with
Rhino for my day job, check out http://nikolas.net

I'll also be talking about Grasshopper, which I sometimes describe as
"Max MSP for geometry" but is officially described as "a graphical
algorithm editor." It's a poorly documented but increasingly popular
free plug-in for Rhino on Windows (sorry Apple folk). You can read
more about it here if you wish: http://www.grasshopper3d.com/

--a