[Fab] laser cutting questions

Hao hao at dorabot.com
Fri Aug 31 02:41:16 UTC 2012

Hi Tom,

If you are at Noisebridge, you can find me or Robert to teach you how to
use it. Robert will be using the lasercutter almost all the time, so you'll
find him easily. Also Miloh will be at Noisebridge in Wednesday night,
teaching people how to use laser cutter and 3D printer.

As to vector cutting, I use xps, which can be done with any windows 7
machine: you just print any format with a xps virtual printer, that's it.
xps is supported by the laser cutter, and according to Miloh, you can also
use pdf format.

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 6:01 PM, thomas nevin <thomas.c.nevin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have interest in using the laser cutter. I am currently designing a
> proof of concept in svg format, and am hoping to try cutting this to gauge
> how long a more complex design might take, and if the design will be
> structurally sound. Am I on the right track? Are there any tips I need to
> know about the file format and content for vector cutting? Is there a good
> time that i could meet someone at noisebridge to show me how to use the
> machine and guide me through cutting this first design? Anything else I
> need to know?
>
> - thank you for your consideration, Tom

DORA = DORA Opensource Robotic Assistant
dorabot.com