[Fab] Drill press fixed

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Wed Jul 25 17:14:32 UTC 2012

John and I installed the new chuck on the drill press last night.

We believe the previous chuck was damaged due to using too-large hole
saw bits.  This style of chuck is attached to the drill via a "taper",
which can be loosened and damaged if given too much torque.

So, please don't use drill bits larger than 1" diameter on the Ryobi
drill press at Noisebridge.  I'll try to put up a sign explaining this,
but if anybody beats me to it that would be great.

The new chuck is Authentic German Engineering, including Auf<->Zu
markings.  It's pretty awesome.  The only downside is that it requires
two hands to tighten.  C'est la vie.

-andy