[Fab] Drill press fixed

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Jul 26 05:22:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 10:22:30AM -0700, Casey Callendrello wrote:
> Awesome. Thanks!
>
> I imagine some of our duller drill bits are also pushing the torque
> limit. Does anyone know how to sharpen drill bits using a bench grinder?
> If so, can you teach me?

I'm sure sharper is better than duller, but the first order issue is the
longer lever arm that a hole saw brings to the party.  It's like putting
an extender arm on your wrench, you can put a lot more leverage on that
stubborn bolt.  Even a very dull drill bit is only a half inch away from
the pivot.  The hole saw is providing drag a good 2" out.

-andy