[Fab] Fwd: Liberated Replicator (MakerBot Replicator in portable 3D formats)

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 01:11:14 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Michael Prados <mprados at gmail.com> wrote:

> Cool, Miloh!  Is your openscad material up somewhere we can try it out?
> I'll try to get some orb swarm 3d printer / laser cutter materials together.

My OpenSCAD experiments are at github.com/miloh/scad_stl

There are more great examples of people using this project throughout
Thingiverse (stl's) and github (readable openscad's).

Thanks, every one, for putting up with my extemporaneous presentation.
> Talking about it helped to clarify my ideas, and pointed out some areas
> where I want to do some more research.

Thanks for coming in! Ted, did you capture a copy of the talk?

It's funny how swarm was good example of the projects you were talking
about. It gives me some ideas...  Anyone interested in exploring the
freeCAD and free CAD toolchain ecologies by taking on a project?
I propose that we form a group to create an indoor Swarm fork at
Noisebridge!

Maybe let's meet on this topic again in about a month.  It might be
> interesting to hear from someone designing physical objects in Blender and
> Rhino (or similar tools that grew up as "computer graphics software") who
> could provide a counterpoint about their best features as design tools.

How about doing this again on the last Wednesday of April, the 25th?
Until then, Replicator Wednesday will continue on with the usual hands on
sessions designing for and with 3d replicators.

-R. Miloh