[Fab] Howdy, Fab Folks!

Hao hao at dorabot.com
Fri Sep 21 18:31:58 UTC 2012

Hi Peter,

I'm interested in using this ultimaker recently, when do you think would be
a good time for me to learn how to use it from you? Do you hang out at
noisebridge much?

The machine seems a little broken to me now, not sure if you're aware of
that. I've assembled thing-o-matic before, so if you need some help to fix
this machine, I am available.

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 7:20 PM, StCredZero <stcredzero at gmail.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I'm a former member of TX/RX Hackerspace in Houston, who's just moved
> to area. I've parked my Ultimaker clone near the 3D printer area. I
> hope that's okay, and please let me know if there is a better way. I'm
> currently staying at the Hacker Hostel in the Castro, and there's not
> really room for it there. A picture of a jewelry box printed on it is
> enclosed. (It's about 5" in diameter, the two halves screw together,
> and it really does look a bit shiny like mother of pearl.) I thought
> the Ultimaker was dandy, but I thought $2500 was a bit much for a kit,
> and there was no good Bill of Materials published by them at the time,
> so I got mad and figured out how to do the clone.
>
> The printer is almost recovered from my poor packing job. It still has
> linear bearing arthritis (I used cheap ones) but replacements will be
> there soon.
>
> --Peter

DORA = DORA Opensource Robotic Assistant
dorabot.com