[Fab] Picking up FreeCAD again. Want to meet to go over how to use it and how to make it better?

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Sat Apr 6 20:08:18 UTC 2013

When we make an event, I'll schedule some time before hand just for getting
it up on systems.

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM, tedward <arbzed at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd be interested in helping build out a tutorial, but I'm afraid I still
> haven't actually gotten the lastest version of the damn thing to build on
> OS X yet, so my knowledge of how it works is pretty limited.
>

> On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Corey McGuire <coreyfro at coreyfro.com>wrote:
>

>> I feel FreeCAD's sketch tools have improved to a usable point, and I like
>> where the metaphores are going, but now I feel there are some painful
>> issues that are either incomplete or are just unintuitive to the point of
>> virtual invisibility.  This is easy to fix, and they are begging for
>> feedback.
>>
>> The important part is that, now, the basic sketch tool, which is
>> elemental to parametric modeling, is 100% usable, minus the, "seriously?
>> you're kidding me." aspects.
>>
>> So lets use it!  Better yet, lets make a "hello world" tutorial!
>>
>> I am excited about this tool and it's really time for it to blossom.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler - Albert
Einstein <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein>
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo Da
Vinci<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_Da_Vinci>
Perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there
is nothing left to take away - Antoine de Saint
Exupéry<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoine_de_Saint_Exup%C3%A9ry>
Keep It Simple Stupid - Kelly
Johnson<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Johnson>