[Fab] 3D Thursday at Noisebridge, 4/11/13, 7 - 10 PM

matthew bennett norcalbarney at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 16:44:18 UTC 2013

It's time again for another 3D Thursday!  This week, Elijah wanted a head
scan, so at minimum I'm bringing the Kinect to scan.  I've figured out how
to get better quality scans, so anyone interested can check that out.

We've also gotten feedback that guests expect 3D printers to be running at
3D Thursday.  That seems like a reasonable request!  I'm gonna take a look
at the Type-A prototype and the Reprap Prusa to see if they can be
convinced to work.  If they can't I'll drag my Prusa out and we'll print
something.  With a little honey badgering, we might get someone from Type-A
to bring those stretch monsters and we can print something gigantic!

Also, if anyone wants anything specific printed, we might be able to do
that.  Go troll Thingiverse and find something you'd like printed, and
opperator.  And bring a couple bucks for NoiseBridge, or consider an
automatic contribution of $10 or $1000/mo. What a wonderful space for
communities to grow!

Fun Fact: The bassett hound was bred to hunt badgers.  Bad Ass!

If you have a 3D Printer, bring it!  If you've got some nice 3D prints,
bring em!

Hope to see you there!

-matthew-