[Fab] vinyl cutter

Casey Callendrello c1 at caseyc.net
Sun Apr 21 00:09:25 UTC 2013

Talking to the vinyl cutter is easy. It speaks HPGL, and Inkscape will
do it. However, it has an internal USB-RS232 converter that currently is
Windows-only.

However! The cutter also has a RS-232 port. So if have a way to talk
that, then you should be able to use inkscape to cut just fine. I
believe Rubin has done this - he'd know the details.

FWIW, the proprietary software requires a license, which Noisebridge has
legally purchased. I have it. If you want access, let me know. I should
probably vinyl-cut a sticker with the license key on it :-)

-c