[Fab] PLA

Dan Roberts ademan555 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 19:52:04 UTC 2013

printbl.com is the only authorized distributer of Diamond Age PLA in the
US. From what I've heard, they are the best, however they are not the
cheapest ($50/kg). The Concord Fry's Electronics started carrying 3mm PLA
in the past couple months, and I imagine other Bay Area stores have too. I
believe they want $40/kg and I have no idea of the quality or origin.
NorCal Reprap norcalreprap.com out of Sacramento is a small shop which
sells PLA and ABS for $35/kg. I'm not sure they will always be open to it,
but they were willing to meet me at a Starbucks in Sacramento rather than
me paying shipping. I haven't bought from them yet, but as they're
local-ish I've decided to try them for my next purchase, because I have a
friend that commutes to Sacramento semi-regularly, otherwise the trip
probably would be prohibitive. If you want *really* inexpensive PLA there's
Jet on amazon.com which I've heard is good. Finally, there's the tragically
named chinese repraper.com which I've also heard is functional, and haven't
heard anything bad about. They are very inexpensive (~$31/kg) but shipping
will make up the price difference easily if you don't buy in bulk. It's my
understanding NorCal Reprap resells repraper's PLA, but at $35 is cheaper
than repraper+shipping. Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Dan