[Fab] Shapeway's 3D printing meetup

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 19:03:17 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Ruby, thanks for the note about the meetup.  I'll check it out and bring a
few friends.

As for the 3d printers at Noisebridge, those makerbot cupcakes haven't all
run in months or for over a year.

Type A Machines builds bigger and more affordable fully assembled
thermoplastic extrusion printers here in San Francisco.  We met at
Noisebridge and are now operating out of the sf techshop making dozens of
printers a month. One of our original prototype telescoping models is
currently on display at Noisebridge.

For modelers, designers, and regular Shapeways users, we offer a tool that
helps you get the most bang for your buck.

I test print contract pieces and personal projects like huge 3rd order
menger sponge designs on my Series 1 3d printer.  In both cases the
overnight turnaround and low cost allowed me to get quick feedback and
correct model flaws before sending away to Shapeways for the fancy $500
versions.

typeamachines.com

-rma