[Fab] Vinyl cutter is looking good.

Alexandra Glowaski alex.glowaski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 22:50:10 UTC 2013

Yessssssss! Awesome!

BTW, we also now have a basic screenprinting rig in the space. You can make
really great, easy screen designs for printing with the vinyl cutter. OMG
GUYS.
I'll just order us some hinge clamps and a nicer screen for this. We can
set it up in the textile area, where the current screen/hinge setup is
taped down to the table.

- merlin

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Casey Callendrello <c1 at caseyc.net> wrote:

>  Howdy, fellow vinyl cutter-ers!
> We now have enough money pledged to buy a vinyl cutter[1]. We currently
> have $345 pledged, and the cheapest viable option is $230. At this point,
> we have a few decisions to make:
>
> * Should we upgrade to a more durable, $300 vinyl cutter?
> * What kinds of material should we buy with the surplus?
>
> If we buy the cheaper cutter, we'll have $85 left for vinyl. I suppose we
> should get big rolls of red, black, and transfer tape. Any special
> requests?
>
> --Casey
>

> 1: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Vinyl_cutter

Make your world!