[Fab] 3D Thursday was a hit!

matthew bennett norcalbarney at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 18:50:07 UTC 2013

I wanted to thank everyone for coming out for 3D Thursday.  I was very
encouraged to see all the new faces.  We answered a lot of great questions,
printed a nice bracelet, and got a PrinterBot Jr printing for the first
time.  Let's keep the ball rolling!

For next 3D Thursday, I'll bring my Xbox Kinect for scanning in people's
heads (if they want it).  I may also have my RepRap Kossel ready to run by
then, so I might bring that.

To the couple with the PrinterBot Jr., it occured to me that our printers
are close enough that my Slic3r profiles should work fine with your
machine.  If you email me directly, I can send you 0.30, 0.25, 0.18, 0.15,
and 0.10 layer height profiles that work wonderfully.

Chris Palmer's latest creations are amazing as always.  There was some
interest and discussion of using Python with Rhino to make things for
printing.  If that interests you, you should definably try to come to 3D
Thursday.

I'll send out another invite next Tuesday or so.

-matthew-