[Fab] 3D Thursday - 03/21/13 - 7 - 10 PM

matthew bennett norcalbarney at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 23:52:39 UTC 2013

I just wanted to remind everyone that the second meeting of 3D Thursday is
happening tomorrow night at Noisebridge.

I got some great feedback on the list, and we're gonna have some fun stuff
this week.  Thomas is bringing  silicone molding materials, and he'll mold
some printed parts.

I've got my Kinect 1.7 SDK working, so we can scan in people's heads and
whatnot.  Bring a thumbdrive, and take home your own pointcloud!  It's
pretty nice, and it exports directly to STL files.

There's also a bigger (huge?) event planned called 5 Mintues of Fame, and
I'm not at all sure how that will impact us.  I'm not bringing any printers
this time, because the whole main room may be packed.  We may need to fend
for ourselves off in some corner.  If we're not by the 3D printer corner,
just wander around and look for the Kinect on a tripod.

See you there!

-matthew-